Lloyd, There is another free tool at this web site.
http://www-922.ibm.com/mmail/start
I have not set it up from the start. But I have a customer that uses this or a
version of this...
But we have scheduled procs setup that email reports to Purch Vendors and
various company users. Works pretty slick.
Nice thing is it is FREE........

Hope this helps
Pete Olshavsky
Ind Mapics Programmer

Ron <Ron_H@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Lloyd

You have several choices, some are even free.

1) If you can have the file in CSV format, which can then be imported into
Excel,
you can use the commands CPYTOIMPF, CPYTOPCD and then SNDDST to email it
to the users.
Here's an article also:
http://search400.techtarget.com/tip/1,289483,sid3_gci512113,00.html

2) If you absolutely need it in Excel format there is a free tool you can
use called
SQL2XLS. You can read about it here:
http://www.mcpressonline.com/mc?14@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@.6ae8269f

3) If your shop has programmers there are several methods for emailing
from the iSeries:
http://www.as400pro.com/servlet/sql.tipListInq?cat=EMail

4) If you have iSeries Access for the Web installed on your iSeries, you
can create and email
an Excel spreadsheet from a SQL statement you enter. I don't know if this
could be automated though.

5) Use a purchased package such as the one mentioned.
There are many others on the market.

I used to use method #1 until I downloaded the free tool in #2.
Now I use the SQL2XLS tool and then use MAILTOOL to email the spreadsheet
to users.

Good luck
Ron
Senior Applications Programmer