From: mapics-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:mapics-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
DaleGindlesperger@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, December 02, 2004 11:39 AM
To: MAPICS ERP System Discussion
Subject: RE: Automating backups

Michael,

We use a 3570 Magstar tape drive (fast when we bought it - sigh).  Tape
backups take 90 minutes, back to disk takes 30 minutes.  When I do the
MAPICS Copy disk backup to tape, the DSPTAP shows QTEMP, AMFLIB, AMTLIB.
If I do either of the options they gave me (SAVLIB of AMSLIB or SAVOBJ
of the required objects), it only shows AMSLIB.  I'd like it to match.

Dale Gindlesperger
IT Manager/Special Projects Leader
Fleetwood Folding Trailers, Inc.
258 Beacon Street
Somerset, PA  15501

             "Michael

             Franchino"

             <Michael.Franchin
             o@xxxxxxxxxx>             "MAPICS ERP System Discussion"

             Sent by:                  <mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

             mapics-l-bounces@
cc
             midrange.com

Subject
                                       RE: Automating backups

             12/02/2004 11:04

             AM

             Please respond to

             MAPICS ERP System

                Discussion

             <mapics-l@midrang

                  e.com>

All our accounts that save to DISK just do a SAVLIB of AMSLIB. What
other things does MAPICS give you?

Just curious.. You do a save to disk because of the speed? How long does
your backup take? What tape drive do you use?

I know that if you are using the LTO drives, the save is almost as fast
as to DISK, and then you would be able to control the ejecting (which
you should always do) but before you do that, you can do a dsptap.

Michael Franchino
Custom Systems Corporation
334 Sparta Ave
Sparta, NJ  07871