From: Bob Anderson [mailto:banderson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, October 06, 2004 5:15 AM
To: MAPICS ERP System Discussion
Subject: Can this be done

Good Morning,
        Our marketing Dept has come up with an interesting problem for us
and I am
looking to the group for some thoughts.

We have a product that consists of two parts in boxes call them Part A and
Part B. We buy these from two different vendors and they come to us each
packed in its own box.  Sales wants to be able to Sell the two parts as Part
C in our catalog, however Part B may also a some point be sold as Part B.

        Is there a way in MAPICS to be able to Order Part C but have the
pick lists
show Part A and Part B, but the order show Part C. This is because if we EDI
the ASNs and Invoices the Item must be Part C as that is what the customer
ordered. This will also apply to costs and inventory issues.

Thanks in advance

Bob Anderson
EDI Coordinator
Kent Watersports