Jim, you can certainly do that.. But mapics has a few imbedded jobs that sync
up the itemasa to the routng & pstruc during their re-org process...  (PDM)
There may even be several others...
So if yo are not using those particular flds then you will probably be OK

Pete Olshavsky
Ind Mapics Programmer/Systems Analyst

ansi, Jim" <jsansi@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Just wondering if anyone else reorganizes there MAPICS files manually
(ie: bringing MAPICS into dedicated mode and then using a CL or other
program to reorganize files in AMFLIBy) instead of using the MAPICS
reorganize in cross apps?

My thought is to create a program to generate a list of physical files
by dumping dspfd to an *outfile, sort it by deleted records and then
reorganize _some_ of the files every night since we have a window of
dedicated mode time to run a disk to disk backup.

-Jimmy
This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to
whom it is addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this
email in error and that
any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is
strictly prohibited.
necessarily represent those
of Mendocino Forest Products Co., LLC. All liability is excluded to the extent
permitted by law for
any claims arising as a result of the use of this medium to transmit
information by or to Mendocino
Forest Products Co., LLC.