From: Jeff Green [mailto:jgreen@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, May 25, 2004 5:04 PM
To: mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: How to Handle Product Numbers

We create a different part number for each product we make, but it is out of
control.  Most items are the same type of product but different lengths, so
for example a piece of roofing that is 24" long has one part number and a
piece that is identical expect 26" long has a different part number.  Does
anyone know a better way to handle this within MAPICS?

Jeff Green
ERP Manager
Metal Sales Manufacturing
7800 State Route 60
Sellersburg, IN 47172
(812) 218-7349

<file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Jeff%20Green/Application%20Data/Micro
soft/Signatures/www.mtlsales.com> www.mtlsales.com