   MLI=M ( for independent input)   Days supply, and Order policy code of 'G'
   for MRP to plan for a number of days...check out the other OPCs as
   welli.e. 'D' for fixed order qty, etc

   .  Min, Mult to adjust planned order qty.

   Fcst code to propagate either a fcst or requirements.  check the code.

   Lead time to offset start date, and Lower level req date.

   Also, be sure you understand the use of Safety stock... quite a lenghtly
   writeup in the mrp manual...does a pretty good job.

   remember MRP will plan to keep you at an inventory level of -0- or SS
   level out 1 LT

    IM - ROP, ROQ can trip a ROP  and suggest po requirements, and or thru
   OBPM MOs

   If you are starting from scratch, without any help, i'd rec reading the
   manual from cover to cover... and set up a small model , test env...

   Best of luck

   Jeff Snyder,  CPIM

   Mapics consultant 724-699-2506