Dear Michelle
I am not sure what you mean by MRP 1 and 2.

To run MRP you need to focus on the planning information display of Item
Balance Maintenance (the data is in a separate file as it happens "ITMPLN").
There
are a number of fields that drive MRP and require populating with the correct
entries depending upon the item and the way you intend to plan it in MRP.

I would suggest in the first instance to look in the MAPICS manual (CD Rom)
and you commence working with MRP in a simple way until you get used to it. To
discuss the fields that need setting is a little lengthy to explain all in a
few lines of email messages, I recommend spending a few hours with the MRP
manual.

Regards
Rob Cull
Independent Mapics Consultant in UK