From: LeLeux@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:LeLeux@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, November 07, 2003 2:17 PM
To: MAPICS ERP System Discussion
Subject: RE: ALF Expense Analysis

I suppose that's where SyteLine comes in?

"Konrad Underkofler" <kdunderk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: mapics-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
11/07/2003 10:15 AM
Please respond to
MAPICS ERP System Discussion <mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

"MAPICS ERP System Discussion" <mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: ALF Expense Analysis

Dale,

In your comparison you should also compare costs with competing ERP
packages. One of the downsides of a heavily legacy product like XA is
that everything is ala carte. With newer packages the capabilities are
better integrated and considered a core part of the base system,
therefore no extra cost. Most of the more current packages also have a
far more current feature set with support for many things XA users have
traditionally had to code themselves or find an addon for, not to
mention much easier customization. Finally, there is a substantial
benefit to coherent integrated technology aimed at preventing bugs
through design than remediation. Does anyone really want Java, RPG,
Visual Basic, ASP and Smalltalk all rolled up in one package?

Good luck in your comparison.

Regards

Konrad