On Monday, November 3, 2003 at 11:00a.m.(EST) we will be conducting a
webinar discussing lean manufacturing techniques. We will also be showing
off our enhancement for ERP for iSeries called Electronic KanBan

Lean IS IT!

In these tough economic times manufacturers are trying to do more with less!
Many CEO's are creating initiatives to reduce inventories and implement lean
practices. (i.e. Flow manufacturing, Synchronous Flow, Demand Flow, Visual
Manufacturing, Demand Pull, etc.) Regardless of the philosophy that you
choose to embrace, there are common elements required to achieve success.
Our presenter Eric Wagner, CPIM will share his experiences implementing lean
manufacturing. Eric will also share some of the challenges or problems that
he typically sees when implementing lean practices.

Here's How Electronic KanBan

When a component bin is emptied a simple wand or a barcode or kanban card
initiates the appropriate Manufacturing Order (MO), Purchase Order (PO),
Repetitive Schedule (REP), InterSite Transfer (ISL), or Warehouse Transfer
(TW). When the bin is replenished a second wand of the barcode closes the
order, creates the appropriate inventory transaction and back flushes labor
(where appropriate). The system is highly flexible to accommodate a variety
of business environments. Electronic KanBan can also be configured to
automatically generate e-mail notifications to suppliers and other key
personnel.

If you are interested in finding out more about this event, or to register,
please email me at fgeric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks!

Frank

Frank T. Geric, MCP