Bryan, you will need to create electronic forms with something.
As I remember there is even a way to create a form in
  MS WORD and upload it to the iSeries and refer to it in your print file
definition.
That's kind of a tough way to do it.

We went with ACOM(aka EZPRINT) forms design and printing software and do not
regret it for a moment.
If you start investigating software packages you will learn a lot about the
iSeries and PCL, PostScript, and AFP printing.
We picked HP4000N/4050N/5000N laserjet workgroup printers without AFP/IPDS
 because they work as network printers for Windows and Apple (don't laugh
they belong to the owners) computers.
We are going straight PCL to the HP's and it works great.
The iSeries does what Rochester call's Host Print Transformation.
We do Payroll and A/P checks as well as A/P overflow plus Invoices,
statements and PO's

Mike Bennett - Information Services Manager
Kimray Inc.
52 NW 42nd Street
Oklahoma City, OK 73118
405-525-6601