From: Jeff Snyder [mailto:jeffreygsnyder@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, April 11, 2003 12:17 PM
To: mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: MRP Primary and Planning warehouses

Doug

The basic definition of  distribution WH(s) is to allow you to set up a
non-planning WH (Planning WH=0) this by definition is a distribution WH, NO
MO(s), NO MRP run.

you can associate a distribution WH with only 1 planning WH...this will
combine the ON-Hand balances during an MRP run of the planning WH. ie allow
visibility of the dist WH Inventory.

logically then, in mapics, you would never want to combine a dist wh balance

with multiple planning w/h, it would double up your 'dist' WH inventory, ie
show it avail in mult planning WH.

Hope this helps....

If not, please  explain a little more of the scenario, or example you are
trying to solve.

Jeff Snyder,   CPIM

Mapics Consultant