Paula,

I counting on getting more sizing information in Chicago.  It appears Phil
Joseph will be presenting almost continually, I hope to get into some of
them.

Dale @ Fleetwood

|---------+----------------------------------------------------------->
|         |           <pgroeber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                        |
|         |           Sent by:                                        |
|         |           mapics-l-bounces+dalegindlesperger=fft-inc.com@x|
|         |           idrange.com                                     |
|         |                                                           |
|         |                                                           |
|         |           03/21/2003 11:45 AM                             |
|         |           Please respond to MAPICS ERP System Discussion  |
|         |                                                           |
|---------+----------------------------------------------------------->

>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |       To:       MAPICS ERP System Discussion <mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                 |
  |       cc:
                 |
  |       Subject:  Re: Re: XA Release 7 or what?
                 |

>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

My reference to the "Killer" iSeries was based on old information.  It is
good to hear they have found another way to improve the performance issue.
Dale, I'd be interested in hearing how those Linux servers handle
performance running this code once you get it implemented.

Great discussion!

Paola Groeber

> From: michael.franchino@xxxxxxxxxx
> Date: 2003/03/21 Fri AM 11:30:23 EST
> To: MAPICS ERP System Discussion <mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: XA Release 7 or what?
>
> Be advised that the "super iSeries" box for R7 was based on MAPICS new
> Java based architecture running completely on the iSeries. This would
have
> required you to upgrade your current iSeries by 10X to keep the
> performance acceptable.  MAPICS has done a lot with the performance of
the
> product and has moved or allows the user to move certain functions off
the
> iSeries onto other iSeries, Servers or even the client.  By doing this,
> your performance of R7 will be the same as R6, and in some cases it may
> even perform better.
>
> R7 does have some new enhancements from the EC side, actually R7 was our
> biggest development effort for EC since the original release.
>
> Michael Franchino
> Custom Systems Corporation
> http://www.cussys.com
> (973) 726-0202 X214 (Phone)
> (973) 726-4552 (Fax)
>

> <pgroeber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Sent by: mapics-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> 03/21/2003 10:55 AM
> Please respond to MAPICS ERP System Discussion
>

>         To:     MAPICS ERP System Discussion <mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>         cc:
>         Subject:        Re: XA Release 7 or what?
>

> Ron,
>
> As a former MAPICS employee (job was eliminated 1/2002 when it was moved
> offshore) I would listen to your affiliate, install Rel 6.5.  It is the
> most functional group of applications MAPICS offers.  Release 7 is for
> "bleeding edge" customers.  Rel 7 CSM does not have all the function
quite
> yet that Rel 6.5 has.  That may not be a concern if you are not planning
> on using the Customer Service Management application.  I believe they are

> working hard to fill the missing function and it may be ready when the
> next release comes out.
>
> However, to run the R7 code, you will need a "super" iSeries machine and
> go through a review process to make sure your company is at the right
> level to be successful with R7.  Release 6.5 is ready now.  Yes, there
are
> many "fixes" as Konrad pointed out, but what he didn't point out is many
> of those PTF's are new optional enhancements that you can pick and choose

> to fix you business requirements.  The code is pretty stable at R6.5 and
> there is a lot of support for training, etc. that will help your company
> be successful.
>
> Good luck with your implementation and subsequent conversion to the
MAPICS
> files.  I know you will find that MAPICS does provide the solution your
> company needs to be successful in this ever chaning economy.
>
> Paola Groeber
> MAPCIS Consultant
> (PS: I really did try not to respond, but I couldn't resist you Konrad :
^)