Dale,

I would be interested in having a copy of your CL to refresh a test
environment.

Joe
Programmer/Analyst
Biomet, Inc

DaleGindlesperger@fft-inc.com@midrange.com on 02/09/2003 04:31:58 PM

Please respond to MAPICS ERP System Discussion <mapics-l@midrange.com>

Sent by:    mapics-l-bounces@midrange.com

To:    MAPICS ERP System Discussion <mapics-l@midrange.com>
cc:

Subject:    RE: Problems updating an environment

Hi Mike,

There is a new enhancement out, part of the "wishlist" voted on at the last
MAPICS conference, that makes is easier to create a new shared environment
from a MAPICS backup tape.  I also have developed a CL that I use regularly
at Fleetwood to (fairly) quickly use a MAPICS backup tape to create a
refresh of my production environment into my test environment.  It resets
the library lists, data areas for job queues, environment name, and so on.
If you'd like, I'd be pleased to e-mail it to you.  It's not a very big CL,
and after it's done, all the apps run correctly.  I used to use it every
Sunday (dump a duplicate of pre-MRP run production into the test system) -
now I do it every month-end to make it easy to rerun reports or pull
month-end detail out for the accountant(s) if they have any questions.

Hope to see you at the User Group meeting on the 12th!

Dale Gindlesperger
IT Manager
Fleetwood Folding Trailers, Inc.

                      "Mike Smith" <mike_smith@tnb.com>