From: DaleGindlesperger@fft-inc.com
[mailto:DaleGindlesperger@fft-inc.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2003 5:46 PM
To: MAPICS ERP System Discussion
Subject: RE: Reporting Rework

Tom,

We use a series of M/Os to track stuff like this, starting with the
letters "MS".  For example, our rework M/O would be "MSF4740" (for Mfg
Special Order - Factory account # 4740).  We do "IU" transactions to
issue
material to the order, and use the Reference Number field to put either
an
M/O, Item#, Department, etc, then summaries at month-end using Query/400

to prepare accounting reports of costs.

Works VERY well, and is easy, and cheap.

Dale @ Fleetwood

"Tom Wood" <TomW@fortrecoveryindustries.com>
Sent by: mapics-l-bounces@midrange.com
01/28/2003 10:30 AM
Please respond to MAPICS ERP System Discussion