I did something similar with a Rumba  macro, it has wait states
and can do screen scrapes looking for messages.

I know you could do that & more with Rumba's (or Client Access's)
SCRIPTING (as opposed to MACRO) features.

You can script the key strokes, but use the 'VB' elements to calculate
dates and such.

You already have the tool!

TIP: I used a test environment to perfect the screen scraping for messages
like dedicated mode and even divide by zero - but that never happens!

|         |           DaleGindlesperger@|
|         |           fft-inc.com       |
|         |           Sent by:          |
|         |           mapics-l-admin@mid|
|         |           range.com         |
|         |           11/27/2002 09:03  |
|         |           AM                |
|         |           Please respond to |
|         |           mapics-l          |

  |       To:       mapics-l@midrange.com
                                                 |
  |       cc:
                                                 |
  |       Subject:  RE: Automating our monthend procedure

Dave,

We use Robot ourselves for our MAPICS nightly processing.  We also use the
AS/400 Job Scheduler for most of our non-MAPICS jobs.  However, we do also
use (for some specific apps) timed macros on a Windows-based PC running
Client Access.  We record macros to log on and run specific jobs and have
them timed for a specific time-of-day kick off.  In effect, it does about
90% of what Robot does, and I got it free off the web.  I have no idea if
you can still get it free - I got this YEARS ago.  You have to make
CERTAIN no messages go to that PC, it literally just runs keystroke files.
 You may be able to do this with Client Access also - but I don't know if
CA/400 has a timing option.

I agree, it would be nice if MAPICS had a way to run reports in batch
without the screens - gave us all the specs on how to load the LDA, create
temp files with parms, and all the other stuff to run the jobs.

Dale Gindlesperger
IT Manager
Fleetwood Folding Trailers, Inc.

"Leland, David" <dleland@Harter.com>