We are mostly vanilla and entirely green screen at XAR6 Cum 2624 with 150
users.  We have
about 12 actual terminals left.  Most have been replaced with PC's.

We are manufacturer of custom thermoplastic molded parts.  We currently
have one plant with
multiple 'warehouses' to segregate activities.  We use AP, AR, GL, CRP,
COM, EC, IM, MSP,
MRP, PDM, PCC, PUR and SA. No IFM, No PMC, no Mapics payroll.  We are
working on a
forecast implementation.

On the AS/400, non-Mapics packages include:
     AVE's physical inventory
     Paras Solutions' Supplier Performance
     TL Ashford bar-coding
     HelpSystems ROBOT/Robot Replay applications
     Peregrine/Harbinger EDI

 Most modified Mapics code (other than reports) has to due with keeping
FIFO date to first day
of month.  (My trigger program is not working yet).

Labor is reported via custom programs and loaded to Mapics via shop
activity offline load.
We use COM offline processes daily and the PDM offline processes as needed.
Custom reports have been created for Finance (balance sheet/P&L, budgets,
departmentals,
 cost accounting). We use standard costing.

For Customer Service we have written reports to show ship schedules,
performance, etc.
For one customer we have 20 year old code that we are trying to get into
the Mapics process.
We also have some 300+ queries (not all used).   We do some RF scanning
for interwarehouse and packing.

Our reduced staff includes a programmer, an AS/400 administrator and a
network administrator.
Our network guy has created some Lotus Databases for safety and MSDS's.
 RGA's are done in Excel before they hit the AS/400. We have several users
versed in AS/400
 query and others who use the Excel add-in to take data from the AS/400.

We also get our money's worth of support from the good folks on Mapics Help
Desk  and the
indispensable 'No Wait Response' site.

GUI will not be implemented any time soon.

Bonnie Lokenvitz