Sorry for the lack of detail in my misunderstood
post about MAPICS being "obsolete" in some areas.
Client apps at R6 are based on Smalltalk that has
gone through several owners and is now sitting in
a holding pattern at IBM. Rewriting the interface
in Java is a positive, if it is reliable and can
be run on an average machine. Unfortunately, the
core updates are still done through batch RPG one
transaction at a time. That is not state of the art!
Maybe this has changed in R7? I sure hope so.

And Synon is dead! Lets bury it and get a better
order entry system.

We ever going to eliminate the conflict file?

MAPICS is an excellent package for midrange manufacturers
with needs that fit within its original database and a
love for the iSeries platform. Support needs rise
dramatically (both hardware and software) when you adopt
the newer technologies and the add on applications.
For some of us still on tier pricing it is not practical
to move forward.

I would love to here more from the COM_web users, since we
have looked at implementing that in the past.

Regards,

Konrad