From: Leleux@shur-lok.com [mailto:Leleux@shur-lok.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2002 7:40 PM
To: mapics-l@midrange.com
Subject: Re: Data Collection and Time & Attendance / HR - PERMS

I'm not sure what problems you're speaking of... we are running DCSI
Ver 4.5 and it is without issue.

We run PERMS green screen, and are purchasing the Millennium Edition.
Admittedly we had some issues, but they have been resolved.  But certainly
not as many issues as we've had with say.. Payroll, MRP, PMC, MPSP.

But I do agree with you on the pricing, also the annual support of DCSI is
very steep!!!

On the plus side, Perms Millennium is written with ASNA's AVR product,
which has
got to be about the best development tool I have seen... ever!  (
www.asna.com)

It's always tough shopping for World Class solutions on a typical MAPICS
shop's budget......good luck!

                    Roy Thorn
                    <roy.thorn@ablemf        To:
"'mapics-l@midrange.com'" <mapics-l@midrange.com>
                    g.com>                   cc:
                    Sent by:                 Subject:     Data Collection
and Time & Attendance / HR - PERMS
                    mapics-l-admin@mi
                    drange.com

                    01/29/2002 10:17
                    AM
                    Please respond to
                    mapics-l

To Whom It May Concern:

We are in the process of reviewing different packages for Data Collection
and Time & Attendance - DCSI / HIGHJUMP and HR - PERMS.  Our company is
currently running Mapics/DB, with the old DCSI and PERMS packages and we
are
planning to implement Mapics/XA in the next year or so.  In preparation for
that we are looking at what packages are available and the consensus of
users and their thoughts who have implemented or used the newer DCSI /
HIGHJUMP and PERMS packages or other packages, and why they choose them
over
HIGHJUMP and PERMS.  The current versions of these packages are ridiculous
and riddled with problems.  So we are looking for as many opinions on the
Data Collection, Time & Attendance and HR systems - as possible.

Roy W. Thorn III
Director of Information Technology
Contact me at roy.thorn@ablemfg.com <mailto:roy.thorn@ablebodycorp.com>
Check us out on the Web at www.ablemfg.com <http://www.ablebodycorp.com>