Hi Dale Gindlesperger:

Thanks for your reply and suggestions.

> "When we move items to obsolete (but keep the records on line), we
> change the item type to "F"."

Your suggestion for tracking obsolete inventory using ITTYP appears very
interesting.

I assume that you don't use the Options and Features part of Mapics at your
shop so that this allows you to use the "F" for Items Types and have it have a
different meaning?  (Normally the "F" means
"Features.")  So using the "F" doesn't conflict with anything else in the
system?

As an alternative what if you were to change the ITEMBL's Active Record Code
(ACREC) to inactive, wouldn't the Inventory record still remain on line?

If I am correct, you would be able to track inactive (or obsolete) inventory
using ACREC and still retain the inventory record's original or normal ITTYP
designation.

By using the ITTYP "F" designation, you are comingling various different ITTYP
inventory items into one catigory.

I look forward to your additional comments on this subject along with comments
by other ML members.

Have yourself a good week.

Al Gershen
Grants Pass, OR 97526