From: Shrader, Patrick [mailto:pshrader@wkep.com]
Sent: Monday, October 15, 2001 8:20 AM
To: Mapics Mailing List
Subject: Multiple Environment Question

Group,

For a couple years two divisions/sister companies have tried operating out
of one MAPICS environment, but as two different accounting companies.
However, mixing the item masters between these completely unrelated groups
has proven problematic over time. Therefore we are planning to create a
duplicate environment and assign one company to each, and work to delete
unneeded information (items, history, etc.) from each over time.

My question: should I share the existing AMALIBx & AMXLIBx libraries with
the new environment, or create a new set of all four MAPICS libraries? I
will be using the MAPICS create program, but I am looking for input on
creating an AB environment from XY, or just an XZ environment.

What are your thoughts and experiences?

Patrick Shrader
White Knight Engineered Products
Thantex Industries