We have also done this at our company, and we also use the information to
automatically bill the orders using the new Offline Shipping enhancements
available in XAR6.  We used the technique Bud mentioned below, running a
batch job at the end of the day to pick up the tracking numbers (and
freight charges) from the UPS end-of-day file.  Incidentally, the same
capabilities exist if you use FedEx Ground's systems.  We do this with
both systems, automating about 75% of our shipments.

Warning: if you use this information to bill, you will have to add some
audit programs.  On occasion (very rare but it has happened), we have
discovered that UPS's system misses putting some shipments into the
end-of-day file for this.  They have no explanation.  This has not
happened yet with FedEx Ground, but we have the same audits running.

lisa.thomas@Hayssen.com
Sent by: mapics-l-admin@midrange.com
10/08/01 11:57 AM
Please respond to mapics-l