  • Subject: Re: MAPICS Green Screen Support
  • From: Gcschramm@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 13:29:35 EDT

Folks,
      I remember MAPICS Inc. telling customers that transition to C/S would
be evolutionary, rather than revolutionary.  I would not worry about support
for green screen going away anytime soon.  They may not APAR it at some
point, but heck, release 6 saw some function added to green screen
applications.
      But I think it is head-in-the-sand to think that much development will
be done by anyone using green screens.  For better or worse, the world has
moved past that.  Green screens are currently best for heads down keying, and
I too want one "dumb terminal" attached to my AS/400 as long as possible.
But I also think that C/S will address these issues sooner rather than later.
 As sad as it may seem, the 5250 interface is going the way of the punch
card.
George C. Schramm, CPIM
Custom Systems Corporation
973.383.7808