Depending on how advanced you are with using PC&C will dictate the accuracy
of you WIP valuation possibilities.

I wrote a program some years back to value the material portion of open
manufacturing orders, this will give a cheap and cheerful material valuation
if you are using IM or PC&C and doing IP's Planned Issues and RM,s
Manufacturing Receipts.

I don't have it around me at the moment but I beleive the logic is as follows
:-

1. Read the MOMAST Mfg Order Master only process open orders with a qty still
to receive to stock.

2. Extend order qty by order deviation if required to get real order qty. Say
order Qty is 100.

3. Locate qty received to stock. Say Qty to stock is 58. (and qty to be
completed and received to stock is 42).

4. Read allocation records for the order from MODATA, for each allocation
record using the qty issued to date subtract from this the qty received to
stock as part of the qty to stock in 3 above.

for example 1
Say qty issued = 90 and the qty per is 1.000 then the qty in WIP would be
90-58 = 32

for example 2
Say qty issued = 150 and qty per is 2.000 then qty in WIP would be 150 - (58
X 2) = 34

You have the component number on the allocation record you can write whatever
data you wish to a work file i.e. item number, standard cost ( or other cost
of your choice) qty in WIP, description etc.

Then you can run a report from the work file.

You will need to consider some of the finer points e.g. scrap qty recorded.

For doing the same with labour / machine time that will depend on to what
level you are recording these times.

Regards
Bob

+---