Guillermo Andrades, CPI Software skrev:
I'ved write all these not-being-humans instructions, but at end, when type ibm5250 xxx.xx.x.x I get this error:
"ibm5250: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
"

If a guy with 20 years of experience in as400 and (ugh) windows can't run an terminal emulator I think Linux is not for the masses.
The basic problem is that IBM distributes a binary package for a different Linux version than you use, so you need to jump hoops to get it to run. One of the things lost in that process is the handeling of dependencies.

I am certain that if you run the version of Linux that IBM intends it for, it will run nicely.

This thread ...