Well, I?m just not having any luck with my problems with xt5250 and
switching between 80 and 132 columns.

The main problem I?ve got is, after starting my xt5250 session, I like to
Maximize the window. I do this by clicking on the ?Maximize/Minimize?
button at the top of the xterm. Then I navigate some of our iSeries menus
until I get to a screen that requires 132 Columns. This is where I
experience about a 3 ? 5 second wait before the 132 column screen is
displayed, but with only 84 columns and 25 rows. The rest is cut-off.

At this point, if I miimize the window, all 132 columns and 27 rows are
displayed. I can then maximize again, and everything is fine from here on
in, for the rest of this xt5250 session.

About the 3 ?5 second wait: I don?t see this as being a problem on our
iSeries , or on the network. None of our Client Access PC?s exhibit this
wait. Also note that it is a one time thing, when entering that first 132
column screen.

So, I?m seeing two problems here:

1. Not displaying all 132 columns the first time a 132 column screen is
displayed.

I have noticed that if I use the same font for my ?font_80? as I do for
the ?font_132?, this part of the problem does not occur, but that sort of
defeats the purpose of having the 2 different font sizes. There still is
about a 3 ? 5 second wait.

2. The Minimize/Maximize button is certainly causing some kind of problem.

I?ve tested this on an IBM Desktop PC and a Toshiba Laptop with GNOME,
KDE, Fluxbox and just plain old XDM. The problem existsin the first three
Desktop Environments, but not in XDM. Probably because there is no option
to Maximize the xterm in XDM.

My Configuration:

O/S: FreeBSD 7.0 RELEASE
Shell: TCSH
tn5250: 17.3, 17.4, 17.5 with SSL configured, but not being used
GNOME: GNOME2-LITE
KDE: 3

If anyone has any information on how to resolve this problem, I would much
appreciate it. Even if you could recommend your configuration, that works
well with 80 + 132 columns, I?d love to hear from you?

Regards,

Fred Schnittke