On Thu, 4 Dec 2008, Aaron Bartell wrote:

I can easily enough create a desktop icon that acts as a short-cut to
starting a xt5250 session, but unfortunately the icon doesn't carry over
to the running applications bar or the Alt+Tab window. Does anybody know
how to apply an icon to the application once it is running? On top of
that, is there any way to have a single xt5250 window with multiple tabs
where each tab is a separate session (like TN5250J has - I love that
feature!)

I don't know what the Alt+Tab window is, it is probably something specific to your desktop environment. I would expect the icon for that to be the xterm icon (which may be non-existant). Sorry I'm of no real help here.

But I can answer your question about the tabs: there is no support for tabs. xt5250 wuns inside of an xterm and xterm doesn't support tabs.

The archives tell how to create a desktop icon but not how to keep that
icon associated with the running window.

I think that x5250 (note this is different than xt5250) uses icons in the way you want. If you want to try it out, upgrade to tn5250 version 0.17.4 and then grab x5250 from http://www.eaerich.com/x5250-0.5.2-pre4.tar.gz and build and install. x5250 has its own icon that integrates with X11 in a way that xt5250 doesn't. It also has cursor progression and word wrap support.

James Rich

if you want to understand why that is, there are many good books on
the design of operating systems. please pass them along to redmond
when you're done reading them :)
- Paul Davis on ardour-dev