On Mon, 2008-02-25 at 17:50 -0600, Alex Mauer wrote:

"export TERM=5250" or "set TERM 5250" (or "set TERM=5250"?) depending on
your shell. This tells tn5250 and/or terminfo/termcap to interpret the
"F100" string defined in the us5250 map as a backtab.

Oh, forgot to add that this requires the terminfo definition for the
5250 terminal, which should be installed when tn5250 is.

And I should have also mentioned that the following two mappings mean
that you have *no* control keys, meaning that control+alt+F# to change
VTs won't work, and control+Q to exit tn5250 also won't work. Alt+F#
should work to change VTs though, and from there you should be able to
log in and kill tn5250 (remember that right-control is enter though!)

and 'loadkeys -d' will load the default kernel keymap, allowing you to
get the standard keymap back.

To get left control mapped to reset, change the following in us5250.map:
keycode 29 = Control
keycode 29 = Control_r

keycode 97 = Control
keycode 97 = Return