On Mon, 2008-02-25 at 17:24 -0500, Brian McKee wrote:
Hi Alex

Can you tell me how you did it?

Well, the easiest bit is to get the shift+tab working. This requires:

"loadkeys /usr/share/tn5250/us5250.map" This loads the kernel keymap
which includes a mapping for shift+tab (as F100), F21, F22, F23 and F24.
(which are not defined by default on Linux)

"export TERM=5250" or "set TERM 5250" (or "set TERM=5250"?) depending on
your shell. This tells tn5250 and/or terminfo/termcap to interpret the
"F100" string defined in the us5250 map as a backtab.

then run tn5250

This gets shift+tab/backtab working properly.

To get left control mapped to reset, change the following in us5250.map:
keycode 29 = Control
keycode 29 = Control_r

I just realized that I missed another important one: Attn/SysReq.

To get that mapped to escape, change:
keycode 1 = Escape
keycode 1 = Control_a Control_c

From Scott's response and a reading of that README file he mentioned
this
doesn't look very straight forward to me :-)

Remapping Field Exit and Enter to Control and Return wasn't mentioned
by my trainer gal.
Is that commonly done as well?

Not sure how common it is, but on the original 5250 terminal keyboard
the Field Exit key was where the Enter key is on a PC keyboard, and the
Enter key was where the right control key is. So sometimes it is useful
to do those mappings as well.

These changes can be done by changing:

keycode 28 = Return
keycode 28 = Control_k