Thanks for the explanation and suggestion, Scott.  Funny thing is, plain
text output has actually worked best in most printouts here before in other
emulation packages.

Lp5250d isn't as smart as those other packages. As I've already explained, lp5250d does not attempt to send any sort of page formatting data to the printer, because it doesn't understand how to relay that information to the printer.

The other emulation packages are smarter. They understand how Windows GDI works. They take the settings that the iSeries sends, and they use it to tell the printer how to format the paper.

lp5250d isn't that smart, because it's not written specifically for Windows. It doesn't understand the Windows GDI. It can't interact with the Windows printer driver because nobody has written code that teaches lp5250d how to do that.

I would've written the code, but I'm happy with Host Print Transform. With HPT, the iSeries does all of the page formatting (and more!) for me, so I don't need to spend months of my free time writing a GDI driver for lp5250d.

lp5250d is an open source project that's written by volunteers. If you want that sort of code added, you'll need to add it yourself (or convince someone else to.)

HPT usually gets funny results on the output as described some in my original post. So I am hoping to find some initializing in LP5250 that causes the alignment and font ID. As soon as I get around to reading it. I'll let you know then.

IMHO, it's easier to make this work with Host Print Transform, even if it means writing/modifying some WSCST source, than it is to add the necessary code to lp5250d.