From: linux5250-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:linux5250-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Scott Klement
Sent: Monday, November 21, 2005 1:35 PM
To: Linux 5250 Development Project
Subject: Re: [LINUX5250] lp5250d windows print problem

> lp5250d automatically drops output 1/2 inch and with font ID 12 no matter
> what settings I try in CHGDEVPRT on as400 using no host print transform so
> full page output always puts the last two lines on a new page.

lp5250d converts the spooled file into a very simple text file.  It
doesn't even try to use different fonts, manage the margins, etc.  It just
sends a very very simple text file.

If you want more advanced functionality than that, as well as
finer-grained control, you should use Host Print Transform.

Unless, of course, you're willing to write an scs2gdi module for TN5250.
In that case, be my guest!