lp5250d automatically drops output 1/2 inch and with font ID 12 no matter
what settings I try in CHGDEVPRT on as400 using no host print transform so
full page output always puts the last two lines on a new page.

lp5250d converts the spooled file into a very simple text file. It doesn't even try to use different fonts, manage the margins, etc. It just sends a very very simple text file.

If you want more advanced functionality than that, as well as finer-grained control, you should use Host Print Transform.

Unless, of course, you're willing to write an scs2gdi module for TN5250. In that case, be my guest!

This thread ...