> So, your suggestion is to throw away Python support altogether?  That's
> actually just fine with me, I've never used it, so not having it won't
> bother me at all!
>
> However, there have been several requests for it, so I think there are
> probably people who are interested in seeing it happen.  Unfortunately,
> none of them have picked up the reins and done the job.
>
> There are some other minor changes (aside from the Python and GLIB
> support) in the 0.17 branch. I don't really want to throw them away. If
> nobody is going to develop the Python code, I could see removing just that
> code from HEAD and making that into our branch for development.

Yes and No. Not throw it away but branch the python parts and remove it from
HEAD. If someone wants to finish it, he'll just have to make the branch up to
date and finished the python support. It's not because I don't use it that it
has no value, but if nobody wants to finish this, we're going nowhere.

I agree that it's better to not use hacks. That wasn't my first solution either
:)

> > Three is a limit of keeping 2 branches over 3 years if you want active
> > developpement...
>
> Don't blame the messenger...  Mike Madore and Jay Felice have done the
> majority of development on this project. They're the ones who decided what
> goes in which branch.

Oh I didn't want to blame anyone. Sorry if my words where somewhat aggressive.
Since nobody has too much time to involve in the project, it's better to keep
it the leaner as possible. I didn't want to blame anyone. It was just
observations :) I fully appreciate the works of everyone who worked on this
project. I wouldn't have done it by myself. I'm far too lazy for this. :)

> S/Lang is another thing that I think is just bit-rot waiting to happen.
> Does anyone use S/Lang support?  Does anyone even care about it?  When you
> guys are making all of these changes to the terminal objects, are you also
> changing slangterm?
>
> What about the GTK terminal?

No, that's a problem. They'll have to be updated. In fact just setting enhanced
to NULL should do it so we should only have to add one line to the other
sub-projects.

M-A