  • Subject: Re: tn5250 Newbie Questions....
  • From: Elias Mandouvalos <ocean@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 17:24:42 +0300

You can not do file transfer "a la Client access" with tn5250,
but if you have the ftp server running on the AS/400 you can issue
the CPYTOIMPF command via ftp (assuming you have the appropriate access rights):

ftp myAS400
--- user id  and password stuff here -----
quote rcmd "CPYTOIMPF FROMFILE(MYLIB/MYFILE)
TOSTMF('/usr/pub/exportdir/exportfile.txt') MBROPT(*REPLACE)"
quit

Then assuming that you have access to the specified ifs directory above you can
get your file which will be now ascii comma delimited.

Elias

Original message from: Larry Bottorff