SUMMARY:

we've created an OUTQ on the AS400 V4R2, we are in compliance with the necessary PTF's, machine code etc. for this version to work according to the Linux 5250 project information.

I have a RedHat Linux 6.1 Server install, with a parallel attached Lexmark Optra R, with the filter of HP 4/5/6.
I'm trying to get the right command line from this server to get a print output to come from the '400 to the Linux printer.

tn5250 -P  -s linuxopt2 -T HP4   10.2.0.26 | lpr -Plinuxoptra

results so far:

the above line will not give an error, will hang the cursor, and go no where and do nothing, and must be broken by a Ctrl- C.

if I leave off the | lpr -Plinuxoptra, the session will start and autoconfigure a device on the AS400 that is a printer, and the writer goes active, but the printer doesn't even start the laser engine.

Can someone give me a better command line or tell me what I"m missing here, also if the PORT is relevent here, where do I find out something about what port the AS400 uses.

Thanks

Mike Cravens