  • Subject: Re: Help with TN5250 Printing
  • From: "Mike" <mcravens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 12:42:59 -0500

Thanks Again Mike:

I got a your link, downloaded the new, followed your steps to the letter,
re. the ./configure, make, and make install.   I then proceeded with the
sample command line you gave me with the following results.

The session went active, the saved spool file I did an option 6 'send', the
writer went active.   However nothing came to the printer.  I experienmented
with the combinations shown in the man lp5250d, for example it showed single
tics, instead of the " tics you showed.   I tried the -T '*HP4' to turn on
host print transform, which it did on the '400 side, I tried it without
the -T '*HP4' and using the scs2ascii parameter.

The only one thing in question is that I did not remove the previous version
first, primarily because I did not know how without a manual delete via
'rm'.

If you have any further ideas please advise, also I've rebooted the Linux
box, powered off and on the printer so that's not an issue.

the connection is there, else I wouldn't be online and active status, the
send works, else the writer wouldn't be active, but something just is not
pushing the job to the printer thru the open connection.

It's hell to be so close and yet so far.

Thanks

Mike