  • Subject: 0.14.0 - Almost there ;)
  • From: "Jason M. Felice" <jasonf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 11:13:11 -0400

I've only got three bugs left in the BUGS file, two of them only apply to the
System/36, which means there isn't much rush in fixing them (not much
iterest).  I just (finally, really and for true) fixed Carey Evan's problem
with NSLOOKUP and REXX programs not clearing the input line.  And I've been
hearing good things on how stable and useable the last few releases have
been.

If you've got any bugs, or have reported any which might have slipped through
the cracks, speak now or forever hold your peace.

Please note, we'll keep 0.14.x and 0.15.x in paralell, and continue to fix bugs
in 0.14.x while we break everything again in 0.15.x ;)

A rough roadmap (subject to approval by Mike, these are only _my_ ideas):
0.15.x - Ability to remap keys, finalize lib API (which means it has to
         be ready for Unicode terminals, below).  Simple ~/.tn5250rc config
         file parser.  Better field-exit support, and some clean-up.

0.17.x - Integrate KDE and Gnome support.  (Yes, I'm going to do KDE ;)  I'm
         going to handle the guts of both of these, then solicit help from
         the Gnome and KDE projects to integrate these front-ends into the
         desktop environments the way they should be.

0.19.x - Unicode and DBCS support, field resequencing support, and other
         internationalization efforts related to the first item.  Kanji
         support would be cool if someone who knows what all those funny
         squiggles are wants to contribute.

0.99.x - Add language bindings, Perl, Python, and Scheme/Guile, and write
         complete documentation.

 then ... 1.0!

Thanks,
-Jay 'Eraserhead' Felice