Oooooooooo.  The mysteries are beginning to unfold.  When I do as suggested,
using the WRKIMGCLG command and then enter option 12, I see something that
looks less than ideal: """
                        Work with Image Catalog Entries

                                               System:   LIVWMID
 Image Catalog  . . . . . . . :   LOPT01
 Image Catalog Status . . . . :   Not ready
 Virtual optical device . . . :
 Directory  . . . . . . . . . :   /linux

 Type options, press Enter.
   1=Add   2=Change       4=Remove   6=Mount   8=Load   9=Unload
   10=Initialize volume   12=Work with volume

   Opt   Index  Status      Image File Name
        *AVAIL
             1  Error       sl9sp3cd1.iso01

"""

--