There must be some low level messages that give more information.  In the
same job as the failure message, enter DPSJOBLOG, then F10, and page-up.
Look for low level error messages that will give more details of the
failure.
===
Marshall Dunbar
DPS, Inc.
====

"Butler, Tommy" <Tommy.Butler@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: linux400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
09/12/2006 02:01 PM
Please respond to
Linux/400 Discussion <linux400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

"'linux400@xxxxxxxxxxxx'" <linux400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Problems with CRTIMGCLG

Having a lot of problems with the CRTIMGCLG command.  Unfortunately, the
error messages are so vague that troubleshooting the situation is next to
impossible without outside help.  Now my company has a support contract
with
IBM, but that doesn't seem to obligate IBM to return my calls.  *sigh*  So
to you, my fellow engineers, I turn =)

I am attempting to install Suse Enterprise Linux on the AS/400 from ISO
images.  Here is my process, and the errors I'm getting:

command:                 CRTDEVOPT DEVD(OPTVRT01) RSRCNAME(*VRT)
ONLINE(*YES)
result:          No problem.  This command works fine.

command:                 VRYCFG CFGOBJ(OPTVRT01) CFGTYPE(*DEV) STATUS(*ON)
result:          "Vary on completed for device OPTVRT01." - No problem
here.

command:                 CRTIMGCLG IMGCLG(ISOCATALOG) DIR('/linux')
TEXT('Linux ISOs
for Suse EL')
result:          "Image catalog ISOCATALOG was not created in library
QUSRSYS."

Wha???  Ok, so where do I go from here?  How do I troubleshoot?

--
Tommy Butler, Linux Engineer
tommy.butler@xxxxxxx