I use jEdit and Atom on Win/Mac/Linux to edit the IFS directly remotely.

On Fri, Oct 19, 2018 at 6:59 AM Jim Oberholtzer <midrangel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

There is no cost to join the group that Jack is suggesting, Joe. It's a
good group with an excellent focus.

Thomas: The easiest and fastest way into developing Java is of course
RDi, but failing that, start the SSH server (STRTCPSVR *SSHD) and then use
WinSCP and NotePad++ with an SSH connection to the IBM i.

If you install the open source tooling (SEE: ACS client, tools, Open
Source Management) you can load several other editors that work quite
well. Many of us VIM but there is also NANO which is a bit more user
friendly. Orion is another option, but I'm not enthused with it.

All of what I have suggested is free and open source.

--
Jim Oberholtzer
Agile Technology Architects

-----Original Message-----
From: JAVA400-L <java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Joe Pluta
Sent: Friday, October 19, 2018 7:03 AM
To: java400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Need help Please !!!!

Without getting too far off-topic, Jack, but what is Ryver and is it
something I can take advantage of without an actual paid subscription? Just
asking for a friend... ;)

On 10/19/2018 5:37 AM, Jack Woehr wrote:
Embrace PASE. Remote edit the IFS with open source editors running on
your workstation. Learn open source.

Auto-enroll in the community Ryver IBMiOSS forum.
https://ibmioss.ryver.com/application/signup/members/9tJsXDG7_iSSi1Q

On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 10:03 PM Thomas Burrows <