JDBC connection string not finding sort table in iASP

I’m creating a connection with the URL string:

jdbc:as400://MYSYSTEM;translate binary=true;date
format=iso;prompt=false;database name=IASP01;sort=table;sort
table=MYLIB/MYTABLE

I use “database name=IASP01” to indicate that my database exists in the
iASP.

I use “sort=table” along with the “sort table=MYLIB/MYTABLE” to indicate
what sort table to use.

MYTABLE *TBL does indeed exist in MYLIB

MYLIB *LIB does indeed exist in IASP01

IASP01 is varied on and available.

When i execute
java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(jdbcURL,jdbcUser,jdbcPassword)

I can see a new QZDASOINIT job started with my user as the current user.

The job attributes indicate the Auxiliary storage pool group is set to
IASP01.

--HOWEVER--

The job log indicates CPF9810 – Library MYLIB not found

The connection then throws an exception:

SQL0332 Character conversion between CCSID 0 and CCSID 37 not valid.

This message comes from:

Program: QZDASRV

Library: QSYS

Module: QZDACMDP

Procedure: RTVSSTBL_MAC

Statement: 13545

This is a v7.1 box.

Why would the library not be found in this case?

If I leave off the sort properties I can get a connection and access my
tables in MYLIB.