Thomas,

The "subfile grid" or "work with data" application is by far the most
common screen we see.

For a grid subfile application, we have a free Java utility (WOW CE) that
generates a data grid from any DB2 file via a SQL statement. The data grid
contains automatic download to Excel, prompting/filtering, sorting,
subfiling/paging, etc. I think you'll be stunned by how easy and quick it
is.

Here is an overview: ( 10 minutes)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkB8umUtQk4&list=UUIjukEUU42pBPBcj_z7gQDQ

Download: http://apps.planetjavainc.com
What you can expect:

1) Download and install WOW: ~ 30 minutes
2) Create any grid application: ~ 1 - 5 minutes

HTH, Paul Holm