I was trying to do a basic gridlist off a file. Have attached the files I
used in January 2008 that I got to work. Really late so I do not have time
to type more.

On Wed, Aug 6, 2014 at 5:55 PM, David Gibbs <david@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 8/6/14, 5:12 PM, Thomas Burrows wrote:

Have some code where I got this to work in January of 2008, but the
classpath issue just about killed me and I had a Java expert where I was
working helping me.

Are you talking about a Java program that interacts with a native display
file?

If so, I'm pretty sure that's _not_ possible. The only way you could
possibly do that is to setup a client / server structure where a native
program (RPG, COBOL, or even CL) communicates with a java program running
in batch.

Seems everything in Java with the iSeries is so complex.

It's really not ... Java on IBM i is primarily intended to operate as a
server and/or running in batch.

Need some help to get something simple setup so I can then progress onto
more complex topics.

Why don't you try describing what you are trying to do and folks can chime
in with ideas.

david

--
IBM i on Power Systems: For when you can't afford to be out of business!

I'm riding a metric century (100 km / 62 miles) in the 2015 American
Diabetes Association's Tour de Cure to raise money for diabetes research,
education, advocacy, and awareness. You can make a tax deductible donation
to my ride by visiting http://email.diabetessucks.net. My goal is $5500
but any amount is appreciated.

See where I get my donations from ... visit http://email.diabetessucks.
net/mapdonations.php for an interactive map (it's a geeky thing).
--
This is the Java Programming on and around the IBM i (JAVA400-L) mailing
list

Use the following command to set the classpath in the DOS window.

H: is mapped to \\cgtsdce3-usr1.nam.nsroot.net\QIBM\ProdData\
K: is mapped to \\cgtsdce3-usr1.nam.nsroot.net\certificates\

DOS commands:
K:\>set
classpath=.;H:\Java400\jdk14\lib\rt.jar;H:\Java400\jdk14\lib\tools.jar;H
:\HTTPA\java\lib\servlet.jar;H:\HTTP\Public\jt400\lib\jt400Servlet.jar;H
:\os400\jt400\lib\jt400Native.jar;H:\OS400\iSeriesNavigator\iSeriesNavig
ator.ear/iSeriesNavigator.war/WEB-INF/lib/jt400.jar

K:\>java CustomerTable

Classpath from CGTSDCE3 partition:
.:/QIBM/ProdData/Java400/jdk14/lib/rt.jar:
/QIBM/ProdData/Java400/jdk14/lib/tools.jar:
/QIBM/ProdData/HTTPA/java/lib/servlet.jar:
/QIBM/ProDData/HTTP/Public/jt400/lib/jt400Servlet.jar:
/qibm/proddata/os400/jt400/lib/jt400Native.jar:
/qibm/proddata/OS400/iSeriesNavigator/iSeriesNavigator.ear/iSeriesNaviga
tor.war/WEB-INF/lib/jt400.jar'