Perhaps you're SQLRPGLE program is running in a different activation
group than the commit is being issue in?

You could check but using an SEP to debug the program. Once you're
inside the program in debug, use DSPJOB from another session to take a
look at
11. Display call stack, if active
16. Display commitment control status, if active
18. Display activation groups, if active

try specifying an h-spec
h dftactgrp(*NO) actgrp(*CALLER)

Another option, have the SQLRPGLE program issues it's own STRCMTCTL
CMTSCOPE(*JOB) instead of relying on the DB to implicitly issue it
with the default of CMTSCOPE(*ACTGRP)

HTH,
Charles

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 2:55 PM, Ashish Kulkarni