Our is is set to *remote and ROI works fine

-----Original Message-----
From: java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Peter Dow
Sent: Tuesday, May 19, 2009 3:41 PM
To: Java Programming on and around the iSeries / AS400
Subject: Re: ROI credit card software upgrade problems

Hi Neill,

Well, they got a unsatisfying answer from IBM. the HOSTSCHPTY parm on
the CHGTCPDMN command was set to *REMOTE; when they changed it to
*LOCAL, ROI's software worked.

What's unsatisfying is that the CHGTCPDMN command logs its use in QHST,
and there was no use of it from 05/12 - 05/19 other than the change a
few minutes ago to set the host search to *LOCAL, and from an IPL late
yesterday while attempting to fix the problem. That's another mystery
-- why does an IPL do a CHGTCPDMN? That command is not in their startup
program.

Anyway, tonight they'll be doing another IPL for the latest PTFs, and
after that, while no one is on, we'll test it by setting HOSTSCHPTY to
*REMOTE and seeing if the problem reoccurs. If it is indeed the
problem, the question becomes how did it get changed without leaving any
trace in QHST?

Btw, file QATOCTCPIP in QUSRSYS contains the TCP/IP configuration data,
and unfortunately, we didn't know that soon enough to check the objects
change date/time.

*Peter Dow* /
Dow Software Services, Inc.
909 793-9050
pdow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:pdow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> /

Neill Harper wrote:
I know this is a boring answer, but has anybody been tinkering with
firewalls or any kind of new server etc?

Is there anything in any of the joblogs on the server jobs?

Neill