Thanks Dan. I think I'm starting to understand this. I believe my problem is
that I try to think of objects like chunks of a file.

Yeah, I think the generic InventoryClass is overkill. I'm still trying wrap
my head around doing business type logic with Java. I have some decent
classes for purging files running SQL statements and stuff like that, I
struggle with the "I have the data, now what".

So all the great advice you and Thorbjorn, as well as all others, is
starting to sink in. Thanks!

--
James R. Perkins