To: "Java Programming on and around the iSeries / AS400" <java400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2007 2:32 AM
Subject: Re: A Dialogue

Joe Sam Shirah skrev den 11-12-2007 21:02:
Hi Thorbjørn,

I've been using Facelets since 2005, and added RichFaces this time
around. That's in conjunction with the Glassfish project that had some
discussion earlier. I'm presenting "Fun with JSF, Facelets and RichFaces"
to our JUG in January, and am going to send out an invite to the local
AS/400 group. As you might expect, there are several areas that it helps to
be knowledgeable about, and some I'm going to send to Ed Burns to maybe deal
with in JSF 2.0.

Sounds very interesting, but I am pretty sure that I will not be able to
attend your presentation. Could you perhaps share what you will tell
your JUG?

I'm not completely married to RichFaces, but IMO Facelets is the way to
go with JSF.

As for IDE's, just be careful that you don't unknowingly get stuck with
*it's* favorite brand of components. Personally, I use the RI components
unless I specifically want another, like the Richfaces elements.

For my project I ended up with myfaces + tomahawk. The single facility
that was fantastic when coding was the tomahawk tag that allowed access
to both the old and the new page's information when needing to pass
parameters to the new context <t:update....> somethingish.

Is there anything in the RI or Richfaces that you think is so
spectacular that I should know about it?

--
Thorbjørn