Hi all,

I am having problems registering my drivers in a bean that I have bound
with my JSP.  I created a class(DbConnection) that sets up my driver and
creates a connection to the host system.  I create a new instance of
this class with-in my bound bean but it errors out stating:

(this error came from Mozilla)

Error 500: #{customerbackingbean.CustomerSelect}:
javax.faces.el.EvaluationException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
com/ibm/as400/access/AS400JDBCDriver

I tested the class(DbConnection) that I created and it works fine.  Here
is my test class:

public class TestConnection {

        public TestConnection() {
                super();
                // TODO Auto-generated constructor stub

                DbConnection as400dbconnection = new DbConnection();
                as400dbconnection.OpenDbConnection();

When I do the same thing in my backing bean I get that error above.  All
classes and jsp's are created in the same project.  Here is the method I
call within my bound bean:

public String CustomerSelect() {

                DbConnection as400dbconnection = new DbConnection();
                as400dbconnection.OpenDbConnection();

        return "Connected";
        }

If I comment the two lines within CustomerSelect the JSP goes to my next
page (as it should). But with the two lines I get the error.

I thought it could be my class path, but since my TestConnection works
fine I would think my backing bean should work as well.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Curt VanCalster
Lead Programmer