Comments:

1. Won't matter.  The generic import affects the compile only.
2. This could matter, especially if it's an authority issue.
3. Won't matter; that's the beautiful thing about Java.
4. Definitely a possibility.
5. Won't matter (*).

(*) As long as your classpath is set correctly.  Classpath setting is
tricky.  I suggest having a simple program on hand that does nothing else
but print the classpath.  That way you can test it using your various launch
methods to get the hang of it.

I find using the QSH command to execute "java -cp myclasspath myclass" as
the easiest way to run things because it's so similar to what you do in a
DOS/Unix environment.  In CL I build a long character variable starting with
"java -cp" and add my classpath (and any other Java switched such as setting
the JVM version), then the class I'm going to run and then finally any
parameters.  I then execute that string using STRQSH.  It works great.

Joe