From: "albartell" <albartell@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 23:25:15
To:"'Java Programming on and around the iSeries /
AS400'"<java400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Look Mom - No Application Servers

I am curious as to which app servers this guy is talking about. There are
some lightweight ones out there, and just because you have an app server
doesn't mean you have to implement all those acrymonial (new word)
technologies. In the end everything is a servlet :-)

I can agree with the point of having to buy geek underwear just to keep
track of all the different acronyms hanging around. Worst part is that in a
years time there will be a whole nother round of them.

I think the best point is in the last paragraph. Don't build the next Google
or Amazon if your company isn't going to reach that status or has zero need
for that architecture. Heck, we all know the software written today in Java
is going to be re-written in 8 years or less anyway:-)

Aaron Bartell
http://mowyourlawn.com/blog