You can always monitor for message ID JVA0122 when calling Java programs in batch.

At 07:14 AM 7/22/2005, Keith.McCully@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
   RUNJVA is better for submitted jobs but if you try RUNJVA interacively
from a CLP then the error monitor screen is displayed. This doesn't happen if you execute the java program via QSH.

   heers,

   Keith
   ----java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote: -----

      notice most people in this mailing list seem to like using QShell to
     run<R>Java pgms, why is this?  Why bother with
     SBMJOB     CM(QSH CMD(java Test= 1 "anystring"))

     when you can cut QShell out o the equation and just do
     SBMJOB     CMD(JAVA CLASS(Test) PAR('anystring'))

     Just something I've always been curious about. &nbspI've never found
     a reason
     to need QShell yet, is it just personal prefeence?

     Thanks,

     Nigel Gay,
     Computer Patent Annuities.
     <B>

     |---------+-------------------------------------------------><R>|

     |         |     &bsp;     java400-l-bounces+ngay=cpaglobal.com@m|
     |   &bsp;     |           idrange.com                     &nbs;

     |         |                            &nbsp                   |
     | &nbp;       |                                 &nbs;

     |       &nsp; |           21/07/2005 07:59 PM                 |
     |     &nbs;   |           Please respond to Java Progrmming on |
     |         |          and around the iSeries / AS400        |

     |---------+------------------------------------------------>

     <JAVA40-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                &bsp;|
      |       cc:
     |
      |     &nsp; Subject:  Re: submit java job in batch question
     |

>- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------|

       You couldass the string as a parameter into the main method and=
     ,
     from
     &nsp; there, invoke the constructor, Test1= (String name),
     including this<R>  string.

       <DI= DESIGNTIMESP="27754" V>Command woud be:
        </DIV=>
       SBMJOB     CMD(QSH CMDjava Test= 1 "anystring"))

       -----java400-l-bo= unces@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote: -----

         To: java400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
     &bsp;   From: Ashish Kulkarn= i <KULKARNI_ASH1312@xxxxxxxxx>
     &nsp;   Sent by: java400-l-bounces@midran= ge.com
       &nbsp Date: 07/21/2005 10:14PM
         Subject: submit java job in bath que= stion

         Hi
         suppose if have a java= class
         like
         public classest
         {
          public Test()
       &nbp;  =  {

            }

         then i can use command
         SBMJOB &nb3D sp;   CMD(QSH CMD(java Test))
         and it will workine
         but suppose = if i have a class
         pblic class Test1
         {